Mechanically-Activated, Limited Space Pump Switch
The Medium Duty Limited Space pump switch is a mechanically-activated switch designed for direct control of pumps up to 1/2 HP at 115 VAC and 1 HP at 230 VAC.
This mechanically-activated pump switch is designed to operate in non-potable water and sewage applications with limited space. It works well in small sump chambers, effluent applications, and laundry trays, as well as in large tanks.
The Medium Duty Limited Space pump switch is not sensitive to turbulence.
It is available for pump down applications only.
- Heavy-duty contacts
- Controls pumps up to 1/2 HP at 115 VAC and 1 HP at 230 VAC
- Adjustable pumping range of .75 to 6.5 inches (2 to 17 cm)
- Includes standard boxed packaging
This switch is available:
- With a 115 VAC or 230 VAC piggy-back plug
- Without a plug for direct wiring in 115 VAC or 230 VAC applications
- In standard cable lengths of 15, 20, or feet and 5, 6, or meters (longer lengths available)
- 0.75 to 6.5 inches (2 cm to 17 cm)CABLE: flexible 16 gauge, 2 conductor (UL, CSA) SJOW or SJTOW, water-resistant (CPE).
MOUNTING BRACKET AND CLAMP:
- Stainless steel
- Injection molded acetal plastic
SWITCH AND FLOAT HOUSING:
- High impact, corrosion resistant, PVC housing for use in sewage and non-potable water up to 125°F (52°C)
- Overall dimensions: 12 inch high x 5 inch x 3 inch wide (30.5 cm x 12.7 cm x 7.6 cm)
- Switch housing dimensions: 2 inch high x 2.8 inch diameter (5 cm x 7.1 cm)
- Float housing dimensions: 2.3 inch high x 2.8 inch diameter (5.8 cm x 6.9 cm)
- Voltage 50Hz/60Hz Single Phase: 115 VAC, Max. Pump Run Current: 13 amps, Max. Pump Start Current: 60 amps, Recommended Pump HP: 1/2 HP or less
- Voltage 50Hz/60Hz Single Phase: 250 VAC, Max. Pump Run Current: 12 amps, Max. Pump Start Current: 60 amps, Recommended Pump HP: 1 HP or less
A Pump Switch is designed for Horsepower (HP) rated loads and is not suitable for control (pilot duty) applications. It will fail prematurely when switching loads less than 1 Amp at 120 VAC. Select a float switch from our Control Switch offering for control applications.