Mercury-Activated, Wide-Angle Pump Switch
The Medium Duty Wide-Angle Mini Mercury Pump Switch is designed for direct control of pumps up to 1/2 HP at 115 VAC and 1 HP at 230 VAC.
This mercury-activated, wide-angle pump switch provides automatic control of smaller pumps in non-potable water and sewage applications.
Although this switch is not sensitive to rotation, it is affected by turbulence and should be mounted in a non-turbulent location.
The Medium Duty Wide-Angle Mini Mercury pump switch is not recommended for use with motor contactors or relays because the motor contactor or relay may experience chattering. A Medium Duty Wide Angle Mercury or Medium Duty Wide Angle Dual pump switch would operate more efficiently in these installations.
- Controls pumps up to 1/2 HP at 115 VAC and 1 HP at 230 VAC
- Adjustable pumping range of 6.5 to 19 inches (16.5 to 48 cm)
- Includes standard mounting clamp and boxed packaging
This switch is available:
- For pump down or pump up applications as specified by part number
- With a 115 VAC or 230 VAC piggy-back plug
- Without a plug for direct wiring in 115 VAC or 230 VAC applications
- In standard cable lengths of 15, 20, or 30 feet and 5, 6, or 10 meters (longer lengths available)
- 6.5 to 19 inches (16.5 cm to 48 cm)
- Flexible 16 gauge, 2 conductor (UL, CSA) SJOW, water-resistant (CPE)
- 2.81 inch diameter x 3.42 inch long (7.14 cm x 8.68 cm), high impact, corrosion resistant, PVC housing for use in sewage and non-potable water up to 140°F (60°C)
- Mercury-to-metal contacts, hermetically sealed in a steel capsule
- Voltage 50Hz/60Hz Single Phase: 115 VAC, Max. Pump Run Current: 13 amps, Max. Pump Start Current: 40 amps, Recommended Pump HP: 1/2 HP or less
- Voltage 50Hz/60Hz Single Phase: 250 VAC, Max. Pump Run Current: 8 amps, Max. Pump Start Current: 20 amps, Recommended Pump HP: 1 HP or less