Low Current Mechanically-Activated, Narrow-Angle Float Switch
Mechanically-activated control switch designed to activate low current control panels and alarms
Our Narrow Angle Low Current Mechanical Control Switch offers reliable low current control for AC and DC applications in water, wastewater, and sewage. The internal switching mechanism has sealed gold cross-point contacts for reliable low current operation. Common applications include PLC (programmable logic controller) panels, IS panels with intrinsically safe barriers, low current solar applications, and other low current control panels and alarms applications.The wide-angle version activates/deactivates approximately 4” (10.16 cm) above and below horizontal with a 3.5” (9 cm) tether. The narrow angle version activates/deactivates at approximately 1.5” (3.81 cm) above and below horizontal with a 3.5” (9 cm) tether. It is not sensitive to rotation.
Normally Open Model (high level)
The control switch turns on (closes) when the switch tips above horizontal signaling a high level, and turns off (opens) when the switch drops below horizontal.
Normally Closed Model (low level)
The control switch turns on (closes) when the switch drops below horizontal signaling a low level, and turns off (opens) when the switch tips above horizontal.
- Low current, non-arching applications down to 0.160 mA at125 VAC
- Mechanically-activated, snap action contacts
- High impact, corrosion resistant polypropylene float housing
- Not sensitive to rotation
- Blue colored cap for easy identification of control switch
This switch is available:
- For normally open (high level) applications or normally closed (low level) applications
- With narrow or wide-angle pumping ranges
- In standard cable lengths of 15, 20, or 30 feet and 5, 6, or 10 meters (longer lengths available)
- With two mounting options that allow for flexibility in installation:
- Mounting Clamp: for applications where the switch can be attached to a discharge pipe or similar mounting device
- Externally Weighted: for applications where the switch can be suspended from above