Easy-to-install indoor alarm system with WiFi connectivity, remote notification, 2 alarm inputs, temperature alarm, auto reset and battery backup
The CSION® WiFi alarm system monitors and reports 2 separate alarm conditions for sump pump basins, lift pump chambers, holding tanks, sewage, agricultural and other water applications. The system monitors and reports any residential alarm condition by notifying locally (audible and visual) and remotely (SMS text message and/or email) over a WiFi or Ethernet network to a smartphone, tablet or computer. The sleek design of the enclosure, with its unique shape, smooth rounded edges, and large push button with LED light ring, makes this attractive alarm ideal for residential applications.
When the tank level rises, the high water float activates the alarm to warn of potentially threatening liquid level conditions. The CSION® WiFi alarm system features an easy-to-see LED alarm light ring that illuminates red for alarm 1 and amber for alarm 2. The alarm horn can be silenced by pressing the large button, but the LED remains on as long as the alarm condition exists. Once the condition is cleared, the alarm automatically resets. A red “Low Temperature” LED activates when the temperature falls below 40°F (4°C) to help protect against freezing pipes; this can be disabled for installations in cold areas.
No cellular connection is needed (no monthly fees), but it does require the homeowner to have a reliable WiFi network and connection to the internet for the alarm system to send remote notifications. Text messages can be sent to a cellphone with active SMS service.
Like this alarm, but don’t need remote notification? Then check out our CSION® alarm system.
- Compact NEMA 1 rated indoor enclosure is designed for easy installation
- Automatic alarm reset
- (2) sensor inputs to monitor (2) separate liquid level conditions.
- LED alarm light ring warns of alarm status; red for alarm 1, amber for alarm 2
- Notifies up to 4 contacts (2 text and 2 email contacts)
- Notifies the user via SMS text and/or email notifications of conditions: alarm 1, alarm 2, power lost, power restored, low temperature, low battery and alarm offline
- WiFi connectivity for remote alarm report
- Simple Access Point Mode push-button connection
- Manual WiFi setup through Ethernet cable connection to router/ modem (cable not included)
- NOTE: Installation of an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) on internet modem and wireless router is recommended. The internet connection must be maintained to receive notifications
- LED low temperature indicator activates at 40°F (4°C) to alert of potential freezing conditions (green for temp. normal, red for low temp.); may be deactivated when temp. monitoring is not required
- LED power indicators (green = primary power, amber = battery backup, red = low battery)
- LED network status indicators (blue fl ashing = network connection setup, blue constant = network connection established)
- Alarm horn sounds at 80 decibels at 10 feet (3 meters)
- Large, easy-to-use test/silence push-button located conveniently on front of alarm
- If primary power fails, the alarm system continues to work due to integral rechargeable battery backup feature
- Complete package includes Control Duty Narrow Angle Low Current
- Mechanical Control Switch with 10 feet (3 meters) of cable (other lengths available) and mounting clamp
- Switching mechanism operates on low voltage and is isolated from the power line to reduce the possibility of shock
- Low battery chirp
- Includes auxiliary alarm contacts for easy attachment of remote devices
- Covered terminal block for easy, secure fl oat switch installation
- Primary: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 5 watts max. (alarm condition)
- Secondary: 5 VDC
- BATTERY BACKUP POWER: 3.7 VDC rechargeable lithium
- ALARM ENCLOSURE: 5.5 x 4 x 1.75 inch (14 x 10 x 4.5 cm), NEMA 1 plastic.
- ALARM HORN: 80 decibels at 10 feet (3 meters)
- POWER CORD: 6 foot (1.8 meter) MicroUSB
- FLOAT SWITCH CONNECTION TERMINALS:
- For float switch connection only – do not apply power. (Voltage across terminals is 3 VDC).
- FLOAT SWITCH:
- Control Duty Narrow Angle Low Current Mechanical control switch with mounting clamp
- Cable: 10 feet (3 meters), flexible 18 gauge, 2 conductor (UL) SJOW, water-resistant (CPE)
- Float: 2.74 inch diameter x 4.83 inch long (7.0 cm x 12.3 cm), high impact, corrosion resistant polypropylene housing for use in sewage and water up to 140°F (60°C)
- AUXILIARY ALARM CONTACTS:
- Normally open, normally closed (CSA certified)
- Voltage: ≤ 30 VAC/VDC (Class 2)
- Current: 1 amp maximum
- WIFI: Connect using Access Point Mode or manually by using Ethernet connection (ethernet cable not provided). WPA2 security required on wireless router.
- ETHERNET: Requires an ethernet connection (ethernet cable not provided).
- NOTE: Cellular WiFi hotspots are not recommended for use with this WiFi alarm, as intermittent or unreliable notification service can result.
- AUXILIARY ALARM CONTACTS: Normally open, normally closed (CSA certified) Voltage: ≤ 30 VAC/
- VDC (Class 2) Current: 1 amp maximum